Maker Pro
Maker Pro

how an electronic tax register works

maich

Aug 23, 2010
hi,i would like to know how an electronic tax register works,as i intend to simulate it on a computer so understanding how it works in detail is really important.please anyone help me out al really appreciate.thanks
just to be more clear the tax register is not so different from a cash register only that the tax register computes VAT(value added tax)

Last edited:

darkman1969

Jun 23, 2010
Maich, are you looking for a Tax Register or a Cash Register? Either are not hard to replicate using C,VB or any other language. I am not sure what you mean by Tax Register?

maich

Aug 23, 2010
thanks darkman,i know hope u have a better picture of what a tax register is. i have no problem with replicating it i just want to know how each function on the machine works so that i could code it in VB

darkman1969

Jun 23, 2010
most Cash Registers are able to Add gst/vat to a sale. It is required here in Australia. Most run of a database of products and tax/price details.

Hope this helps.

maich

Aug 23, 2010
then do you have a link or book that i might read and get to understand how the machine works as that is my major concern,details of how the machine works.that is to say if i press for example save how is the data saved.such processes are what am more interested in...

mannas34

Dec 20, 2022
An electronic tax register, also known as a point-of-sale (POS) system, is a computerized system that is used to record and process sales transactions in a retail store or business. It is similar to a traditional cash register, but it has the added ability to compute and record value-added tax (VAT) or other taxes that may be applicable to the sale.