Maker Pro
Maker Pro

How To Increase back EMF of Inductors?

russwr

Dec 20, 2019
How can I get minimum 100v back emf from Inductor coils using these values? 20v DC, 7amp, with 2 inductors each .0015 Henry that has diode in series in between. Shut off Time about .029second. based on duty cycle applied included? Possible? Or different shut off time?? Is this also positive Back EMF as was the input volts? Doesn't the VOLTAGE increase because of coil higher volts enters SECOND coil , so as even higher volts available? To make use of this forward Back EMF, should I use half wave DC rather than full wave DC, so that there is an OFF time available for the higher volts to be able to go forward? Full wave DC has no spacing in between pulses. This circuit was used in Georgia about 2008 with pulsing 38v half wave DC, and no one was able to figure it out , about how it got at least 100v out, superimposed on the input. E = L Henries X I Amps / dt (The AI computer says YES to the 2nd voltage increase question)

Alec_t

Jul 7, 2015
Please post a schematic of your circuit, with identifiers for all components, and component values.

sgodblacktechy

Jul 27, 2023
Hey, it seems you're on the right track here. Considering the equation E = L (di/dt), with a faster switch-off time, the voltage spike (Back EMF) will increase. For utilizing this Back EMF, half-wave DC could indeed provide necessary off time. But if it helps more if you can post a schematic of your circuit. Stay safe!!