Maker Pro
Maker Pro

loss of volume control on Awia receiver # av-dv76u

bmo

Nov 16, 2018
ive lost volume control on my Awia receiver. The serial # is av-dv76u. The volume control has a mind of its own. no matter which direction i turn the nob, the volume usually goes to the maxim setting. I havent tried using the remote control to see if that would give me back control over the volume yet. but I don't hold out much hope for a different result. i received this unit second hand and I'm just starting to figure out it's capabilities. I'm not an electronics expert and I'm wondering if the unit is worth giving to a repair shop or not. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you all in advance. Bruce

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Sounds like the 'earth' end of the volume control has broken away from the circuit board. Take it apart and inspect the area around the volume control pins and re-solder the joints.

Ylli

Jun 19, 2018
Aiwa? Model number? Can't find any reference to AV-DV76u.

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
One other thing to check is the remote (if you use one). If the key is stuck down due to grime and grit, it
will remain engaged. kellys-eye has the probably cause if you have circuit problems, but I always try the
easy stuff first. The remote keys, or a failed pot (or digital pot) at the volume control.