Maker Pro
Maker Pro

MOSFET Circuit Help

hevans1944

Hop - AC8NS
Jun 21, 2012
... I fixed the problem myself. ... I tried to give only relevant info in the original post. ... but I guess I needed to spell everything out for you. ...
Congratulations! Glad you managed, without our help, to figure it all out! And... LOOK! It took only 18 comments to elucidate what you felt was relevant! And yes, Genius, you DO need to spell everything out, since almost no one here has psychic powers they are willing to divulge, sans compensation.

... For those wondering, it was a voltage regulation issue and was fixed using a NCP1117DT50G voltage regulator and a couple of caps.
Yeah, I think everyone who tried to "help" you figured that out earlier this morning. Nice choice of LDO regulator though. These threads can go on for days, or even weeks, while everyone chimes in with their favorite "solution" once the "problem" is clearly defined.

Attachments

• NCP1117-D.PDF
    209.2 KB · Views: 36

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
Bob, I'm trying to solve the problem using a MOSFET by creating a common source amplifier. I would like the input to be a small signal, then get amplified by the MOSFET to avoid drawing too much power from the main board.
It is answers like this that kept us from helping you, which we eventually did anyway as several posters suggested that the fan was dropping the voltage to the barometer.

What you say in this post makes no sense. An amplfier does not reduce the power needed to run a fan, all it does is allows it to be controlled by a smaller signal.

You started out by annoyance that we suggested it would be normal for a fan to drop the pressure on an “internal” barometer until we dragged it out of you that it didn’t matter whether the barometer was “internal” or not.

You are the only one who displayed an “attitude” here, with your frustration over the fact that we did not know what you didn’t tell us.

Bob

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
No doubt the OP has gone off to his boss to brag about his diagnostic skills........:rolleyes:

hevans1944

Hop - AC8NS
Jun 21, 2012
I wonder if this box, or one similar to it, is what he is working on:

DataMite%20III%20USB%20001.jpg