Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Need Help with my PS5 controller! [DRIFT]

janist

May 10, 2023
While I generally enjoy the innovative design of the PS5 controllers, I must admit, their durability seems to be lacking. I've been experiencing significant drift issues with my controllers despite careful use, and I've already had to replace them twice since October 2021.

I've tried several methods to fix this issue, including resetting the controllers, updating the firmware, and even attempting a few DIY solutions like adjusting the thumbstick tension. Yet, none of these solutions have provided long-term relief.

I'd greatly appreciate any advice or suggestions on how to address this problem. It's a bit disappointing to encounter such issues, considering my positive experience with the PS4 controllers. Sony, your input would also be appreciated in helping to improve this situation.

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Sony, your input would also be appreciated in helping to improve this situation.
Somewhat ambitious to consider Sony would monitor the content of this forum - but you never know....

Have you checked out Youtube for solutions? I've seen a few.

janist

May 10, 2023
Yeah, i did.... can't figure it out.. Can you suggest some? I think i have tried literally everything!

janist

May 10, 2023
Hey everyone, just wanted to share a quick update.
I finally managed to find a fix! As basic as it may sound, the reset function seemed to do the trick.

I initially thought the problem was too complicated and hardware related for such a simple solution, but I stand corrected. After resetting the ps5 controller, the drift issue has significantly improved.

If you're dealing with similar issues, don't underestimate the power of a simple reset!

Hope this helps any of you who are dealing with similar issues! Don't forget, sometimes the simplest fixes can do wonders.

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Thanks for the update. Too few people bother to keep us updated and your feedback is appreciated.

bidrohini

Feb 1, 2023
Hey everyone, just wanted to share a quick update.
I finally managed to find a fix! As basic as it may sound, the reset function seemed to do the trick.

I initially thought the problem was too complicated and hardware related for such a simple solution, but I stand corrected. After resetting the ps5 controller, the drift issue has significantly improved.

If you're dealing with similar issues, don't underestimate the power of a simple reset!

Hope this helps any of you who are dealing with similar issues! Don't forget, sometimes the simplest fixes can do wonders.
Thanks for letting us know. It's really not very easy to do such a repair without having any schematic etc.