Maker Pro
Maker Pro

PC LCD Screen Discoloration

V_Diesel

Nov 12, 2023
I have an Acer Iconia W510. One moment it was fine. The other moment I see some discoloration on the screen. There hasn't been any pressure or abuse of any kind as far as I'm concerned. Please assist. It's very irritating. Kindly see attached image. IMG_20231112_120400.jpg

V_Diesel

Nov 12, 2023
It's seen some pressure or abuse despite your concern.
But I'm sure I could have noticed. I was working on it when I noticed something that wasn't there some moments before. Anyway, what are my options?

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
You can try to open the LCD, find the cause for the excessive pressure and relieve that pressure. Make sure the laptop is off while you open it. Of course, once open, you wil have to power the laptop on to see the effect on the LCD. Once you managed to relieve the pressure, turn the laptop off again and close the LCD.
Be very careful when working on the LCD, there are delicate cable assemblies which need to be handled with care.

V_Diesel

Nov 12, 2023
You can try to open the LCD, find the cause for the excessive pressure and relieve that pressure. Make sure the laptop is off while you open it. Of course, once open, you wil have to power the laptop on to see the effect on the LCD. Once you managed to relieve the pressure, turn the laptop off again and close the LCD.
Be very careful when working on the LCD, there are delicate cable assemblies which need to be handled with care.
I really appreciate. I will will try to do that and come back with feedback. Any examples of things I should look for? I have always thought external factors cause the excessive pressure on LCDs, however, I immediately like your insight as it makes a lot more sense especially in my case where I could swear there hasn't been any external excessive pressures on the the LCD.

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
See e.g. these instructions:

Or ask your favorite search engine for instructions that are specific for your laptop. When there is one, this is imho your best option.

V_Diesel

Nov 12, 2023
See e.g. these instructions:

Or ask your favorite search engine for instructions that are specific for your laptop. When there is one, this is imho your best option.
Wonderful! I will try these. Thanking you immensely for your guidance. I will provide feedback.

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
A common cause is to forget you've put a pen or other object on the keyboard and then closed the lid, realised it's there then removed it to properly close it. By that time the damage has already been done.

V_Diesel

Nov 12, 2023
A common cause is to forget you've put a pen or other object on the keyboard and then closed the lid, realised it's there then removed it to properly close it. By that time the damage has already been done.
This is noted with thanks