Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Powering up mobile phone with no battery ?

Waterworks178

Aug 21, 2022
Can i power up this Alcatel 5033X with a power supply direct to the battery connections without the battery , the charging usb port doesn't do it?

I want to check it functions before ordering a battery.
20240519_122155.jpg

Delta Prime

Jul 29, 2020
Yes you can bypass the battery with a bench power supply. But you won't be checking the functionality of the phone if you do not purchase a battery. it's supposed to work with the battery . Purchase the battery check out the phone, if you don't like the phone send battery back for a refund. The charging USB port will not power it. It's 5 volts in the first place. Your phone is responsible for charging the battery.
Low end phone Android Oreo Go operating system for Europe. Exactly the type of phones I like to experiment with. What I do is I create dummy battery so the phone will sense it has a battery in it. The phone checks if the battery is in good health, one needs the thermistor resistance value of the battery itself,that resistance is applied to the two pins on the battery contacts and two pins are for positive and negative power supply terminals on the phone. When in transmit the phone can draw more than 2 amps peak and if you're running apps that's even more current it must draw . A 5 amp power supply at 4 volts is what I normally use for my phone that never leaves the house. Works for me. You make one mistake and you destroy the phone you want to take that risk?

Alec_t

Jul 7, 2015
If the battery has more than two terminals (it looks like there's four) and the phone's CPU is monitoring battery state then you probably can't use a power supply instead of the battery.
Do you know the functions of those four terminals?

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
Can i power up this Alcatel 5033X with a power supply direct to the battery connections without the battery
As already noted, the phone will be checking all four terminals for whatever.
If absent, I doubt you'll get a peep out of it.