Maker Pro
Maker Pro

premier message chair php2026

jdim

Nov 2, 2018
hi all motors and control work except the recline button down has no responce . there is a click sound when pressed but no motion. the footrest and recline up button are fine . when i swap the connectons on the sub panel the backrest functions and the problem moves to the footrest . do you think it is the remote button or something on the motherboard
thanks

dave9

Mar 5, 2017
Check the switch for continuity (closes circuit) with a multimeter. Check the wires for the switch to the non-functional circuit in case they got pinched in a mechanism.

If it is clear which two wires control each function at the circuit board then you can short those two pins together at the circuit board. Presumably it has live AC power? If so be mindful of that while testing.

You could identify the mechanism used to recline the chair and the motor(s) involved and measure for power at them when pressing the appropriate buttons. Also look for bent parts, any jambs in smooth movement of the mechanisms, broken springs, cracked wood, sheared gears, etc.

It may or may not help if you provide a more clear list of the movement modes, for example it is unclear to me whether backrest is a subset of recline, or the entirety of the recline and the footrest is independent, or ?? Remember only you know what this chair is supposed to do and can see all the buttons.

It may or may not help if you can provide pictures of the switch panel from the front and back and of the circuit board with indications where each switch goes.

Dante Zafra

Mar 10, 2019
Hi Dave, I have a problem with my chair where it got stuck in full recline position. On the remote I can hear click when depressing the up button but nothing is happening.. Through the other information on the thread for this chair, I was able to fold the back rest to shipping positiion. placind a volt meter across the terminals of plug #2, I get a 32VDC reading when depressing the down button and 0VDC when pressing the up button. I was expecting this would change polarity for reverse rotation. What could be the problem? Thanks for responding.

dave9

Mar 5, 2017
^ You are not giving remotely close to enough information because I don't own this chair.

If you think the up button is broken based on power going to it but not reversing polarity then it would seem time to replace it.

Otherwise, you just take a multimeter and trace all the way through the circuit, map it out on paper if need be, and see where power should be but is not. It would not be surprising if the switch is broken or if there is some safety switch in the recline mechanism that detects the position and it is broken.

I am assuming you mean that the same motor simply has polarity reversed to change from recline to upright. That's all I have.

Dante Zafra

Mar 10, 2019
Hi Dave, thanks for the reply, continuing to trouble shoot my chair. The two wires feeding the recline motor actually reverses polarity for up or down and should be o volts across them. However, I measured a constant 32 vdc even without a pressing either buttons for up or down which tells me either a relay or the chip that controls this is bad. In order to verify my findings, I used the output for the leg raise motor and true enough 0v across when no button is press and polarity reverses when going up and the opposite when going down.

goswald

Feb 11, 2019
Can you tell me where I can get a control panel for a Premier PHP 2026 massage chair?