Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Refrigeration T Stat confusion

Milt

Aug 29, 2018
Hi Experts,Hoping I can get past this T Stat problem I am having.
I have acquired a large ex Coke fridge with an elstat ems55advanced control box, for use in my very small rest kitchen for food.
As I live on a small island in an Asian country the quality of refrigeration mechanics is unfortunately not of high quality.
all I want to do is disconnect the electronic control box with the digital display and install a manual, regular fridge T Stat control as the fridge is running too cold and the compressor bars keep freezing.
hope you can help with out .
thanks in advance.

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
Might be easier said than done especially if you have no experience within electrical systems.

Do you have a schematic diagram or can you access one from Google via the model number?

Which exactly are the " compressor bars" you refer to that keep frosting up.

Electronic control units are by nature a fairly reliable system.

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Sir Milt . . . . .

All I want to do is disconnect the electronic control box with the digital display and install a manual, regular fridge T Stat control as the fridge is running too cold and the compressor bars keep freezing.
hope you can help with out .

Condenser bars are located externally and dissipate the heat pulled from the units insides.
EVAPORATOR bars are internal and distribute the chilled Freon.

If the . . .Elstat EMS55 Advanced control box is being an add on, . . .and it certainly seems so . . .check to see if the units thermal sensing element can be made to have closer thermal contact at the evaporator sampling point.
Looks like there is also a cabinet temp probe also, to be checked out for its positioning.
(Info on page 18 of supplied referencing.)

Since what you suggest, seems like it is having the system working harder to chill down the system.
Also if there is more than specified FREON charge, that could cause a chill down freeze up at the evaporator to
condenser connection transition point. Feel for that with your fingers, as one end of the condenser near the compressor should be HOT while the opposite end should not be excessively cold.

Here is info on the Elstat EMS55 Advanced control box that was used on another units info book, in case none was supplied to you for that unit.
THAT specific control unit has enough "moxie" to handle a walk in freezer.
Starts at page 6

https://www.completerefridge.com.au/wp-content/uploads/service-manuals/B600-2.B600G-2.pdf

73's de Edd

Last edited:

debe

Oct 15, 2011
Sounds like the Evaporator sensing NTC thermistor has gone open circuit. That generaly causes fridges to run contiously.