Maker Pro
Maker Pro

repair JVC indash unit no power up

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015

Sir Fuzzysignal . . . . . . . .

Hmmmmmmmmmm . . . . .
If you are talking of pin 15 of the IC371 and that ceramic monolithic chip cap C2353 that is about 1/2 inch further inward from pin 15 on the board.
It looks like between pins 15 and 17 that there is a small foil path from the left side of C2353 that ties into the quite erose foil strip above that, which
gets grounded at the large soldered mass at the left upward position of pins 25 and 24.
The right side of the cap C2353 seems to look to be soldered to that floating "island" foil area .
Check on the component side of the PCB and check if there might be a small surface mount inductor shunting across that C2353.
Also there is a central triad of 6 plated thru holes on the big "island", 3 plated thru holes just below those and another set of 2 on another mini island to the right.
they connect to a foil(s) on the other side of the board, you can evaluate better, since you HAVE the board.
Just about all of the outer periphery of the board has a ground buss routed around it.
If you find the mentioned "island" and "mini" island grounded, and unless you find a small value resistor or mini inductor shunting that C2353, I see no need for it, nor is it being shorted, if gronnd interconnects are being made via OTHER connection points.

73's de Edd

fuzzysig

Oct 23, 2015
Got a spare board
But.
How do i identify those smd capacitors?
I dont see any markings on them.

fuzzysig

Oct 23, 2015
Ok i replaced that capacitor it looked like they were colir coded but still no sound