Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Res dip pack multisim

Nicholas bray

Dec 19, 2015
Does anyone know where I could find the resistor package labelled rpack7 in the attached screen shot please

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-12-18-20-10-42.png
    Screenshot_2016-12-18-20-10-42.png
    347.3 KB · Views: 133

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Does anyone know where I could find the resistor package labelled rpack7 in the attached screen shot please

search Farnell, mouser or digikey for resistor packs and find a compatible one, probably wont have Rpack7 on it tho ... but that is irrelevent

Nicholas bray

Dec 19, 2015
Ok excuse my ignorance but I have looked on mouser and found a part that I think fits the bill but how would I go about importing it into multisim the only thing I can find to download is the data sheet.
I've wanted to use multisI'm for years to improve my electronics knowledge but always come up against missing components and can't work out how to get hold of them

hevans1944

Hop - AC8NS
Jun 21, 2012
I haven't used multisim (yet), but since the part is just seven resistors that happen to be in the same package, why not just "model" it as seven discrete resistors? Is the pin-out of the resistor pack important to multisim modeling?

Nicholas bray

Dec 19, 2015
Yes I think that's what I'll do but if someone could explain how to create custom components in multisim it would be a great help to me

Nicholas bray

Dec 19, 2015
I've found the instructions online I'm going to make a concerted effort to create my first component I will let you know how I get on

Nicholas bray

Dec 19, 2015
I've spent hours trying to follow 2 sets of instructions and keep coming up against dead ends
The first set of instructions are are from multisim to create a new component from scratch but I followed the instruction and theres no footprint to select as detailed in the instructions
I tried to follow another set of instruction which uses a similar component already in the data Base and explains how to modify it

Same again you get so far and something doesnt tie up either there isn't a close enough match in the data Base or information you need to input whilst making the component doesn't exist on the datasheet

This seems like an almost impossible task lol

Giannis

Apr 16, 2018
I was looking for the same thing and i think that what you can find what you need if:
1) Press the sortcut Ctrl + W.
2) Choose the Group: Basic.
3) Choose the Family: RPACK.
4) Choose the Component: 7Line_Isolated.
5) Right click on the RPACK, go on the "Value" tab and change the resistors from 1kΩ to 180Ω or whatever you need.

KolyaKovalchikov

Feb 28, 2023
I've spent hours trying to follow 2 sets of instructions and keep coming up against dead ends
The first set of instructions are are from multisim to create a new component from scratch but I followed the instruction and theres no footprint to select as detailed in the instructions
I tried to follow another set of instruction which uses a similar component already in the data Base and explains how to modify it

Same again you get so far and something doesnt tie up either there isn't a close enough match in the data Base or information you need to input whilst making the component doesn't exist on the datasheet

This seems like an almost impossible task lol
I too was stumped by the RPACK7 dilemma in the getting Started Tutorial described in the User Manual. I abandoned the use of Mutsim over ten years ago. Returning to it recently and testing the SAMPLES installed by default in the folder on my PC (C:\Users[replace USERS with or Your "USER" Name]\Public\Documents\National Instruments\Circuit Design Suite 12.0\samples\Getting Started\Getting Started 1.ms12) I found the elusive RPACK7 sitting pretty. I copy pasted it into my new project and right clicking on it choose the sub menu to add this component into the database.

From there it was all fair sailing. Now I am hooked on Multsim and Ultiboard for my project designs and prototyping.

Thank You Multsim and Maker Pro for catalyzing my thought process!

From KolyKovalchik