Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Siemens SM50-H panels

cazzie2u

Apr 10, 2011
These are SM50-H photovolaic modules
I have a number of used Siemans solar panels they have two screw connectors positive + and two screws connectors negitive - on each panel. I want to hook up a few together in parallel. If I hook them positive to positive and negitive to negitive they wok ok . If I hook them from #1 negitive screw on #1 panel to #1 negitive screw on #2 panel and then from #2 screw on #2 panel to #1 screw on #3 panel then from #2 screw on #3 panel out to the regulator and batteries I only get 6 volts from all 3 panels and no or very little amps. Amps are what Im after. (same for positive) I know this sounds confusing but instead of having two wires on each positive and negitive poles. I want to use both screws on each positive and negitive poles( 10 guage wire is very hard to fix to one screw connector)

Resqueline

Jul 31, 2009
What you seemed to have tried there is hooking them in series to make 48V & 3.15A. (That contradicts your statement about wanting a high current btw..)
There are some errors in your description however:
1: You hooked up panel #1 the wrong way around.
2: You left panel #1, screw #2 (+) unconnected.
3: You have only 1 wire going to the regulator.

The terminals are made for wires no thicker than AWG #11. You could use AWG #22 on those panels and get away with it.

Last edited: