Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Try to find a complete number

canactech

Jul 7, 2009
Hi guys.

I have a board that goes on a scanner Metrologic MS-7120. I've been able to find information on alla the IC on the board except for a small 8 pins DIP IC. Ther's a line written 51A that seem to be the part number. The other line is not constant so it seems to be a date indentification or anything else. This IC is identified as Q5 on the board.

I look in a SMD marking code data book but even there I doesn't find information.

I need the complete number to be able to search for the information for this part.

Thank you.

Canactech

Resqueline

Jul 31, 2009
A Q is not an IC but a transistor, in this case presumably a power MOSFET.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
I had a look through all of my stuff, but the lists do not include anything larger than SOT-3-6. I was assuming it was a SO-8 package, but aside from some tiny package (9 pin BGA anyone?) there are none listed in any of my lists.

SO-8 is large enough for a full part number, so it's either much smaller than this, or it's a deliberately obfuscated marking.

canactech

Jul 7, 2009
I'm sorry, but I've made an error,the number of the IC is U6 rather than Q6 as said before.

Thank you for your time. I agree with you the marking is not completed deliberately. I was hopping that someone could have seen this part elsewhere.

I'm always waiting.