Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Tvr and ghost 12v...boooh

laurent helfer

Sep 27, 2017
Hi everybody,
I kmow i m not in a car electronic forum but i think it s the place i ll have the better answer....
I have a washer pump that works perfectly directly connected to my bikes 12.4v batterie system but when i connect it to the dedicated connector of the car it dont works (this one give 12.4v when i push the washer command as it is expected ). I checked polarities from the beggining and the motor fonction (rechecked on bikes).

Note that i try the motor on the exact ssme condition (water not plugged to the car system but on a test bath).

How this could be???could not be amp related because the bike batterie is a lot smaller...

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Unless the power SOURCE can deliver the required current then the motor won't work. Measure the voltage at the motor when it is powered on and connected and tell us the result.

laurent helfer

Sep 27, 2017
I m alone and it s difficult for me to get this measurement. I tryed with a 12v led and a tester both are not functionning...i still have a 12.46 volt that dont power anything...

i tried to put the negative directly to my battery and keep the positive plugged on the connector and nothing happen, at the opposite when i keep the negative pluged on the connector and i put the positive on the battery the pump will function... i presume i dont have a bad negative but the positive is problematic...

Do you have an idea to sort it out?? This car cant have wires change do you have an idea for a Ir or bluetouth remote system then i could power it up from the drivers seat ....

Thanks again!

laurent helfer

Sep 27, 2017
Hi, the fuse should be ok (very deep hide in the fiber) because it is the same than the washers themselves that works fine...
Thx for your help

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Could it be a 'pull down' connector?

In other words you connect the pump positive to the battery (via a fuse) and the negative goes to the terminal on the connector. The car management unit then activates a transistor (or MOSFET) pulling the negative wire to ground and activating the motor.