Maker Pro
Maker Pro

using software i2c

Jameston E

Sep 19, 2018
Hello everyone ,

I am making a digital weight scale that will read and notify me when the weight is lower than what I want ...... I am using pic16f690 for the project and I later discovered it does not support i2c module, decided to use software i2c instead but after following the initialization, start, and read protocol of software i2c it's still not working

Can someone please help with how I can go about it, I have searched the Internet and didn't find anything related that can help

would be very glad if someone can help with step by step protocol process I should go about it and the address.....
Don't really know if I got the protocol I used following the library well or it does not support what I want to do

would be glad to receive your response soonest

thanks in anticipation

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
I am making a digital weight scale that will read and notify me when the weight is lower than what I want ...... I am using pic16f690 for the project

If you go with Arduino it's as simple as.......just a couple of lines.

One explanation here...(can start at around 11.00 if you don't need to know the beginning part)

Last edited:

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
If you go with Arduino
I didn't know there are Arduino variants using PIC processors :rolleyes:

following the initialization, start, and read protocol of software i2c it's still not working
You need to be more specific. How does "not working" manifest itself? Show us your relevant code (use insert code from the menu) and the relevant part of your circuit diagram. Check all portpins are correctly assigned and set up...