Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Vehicle exhaust sound project

tamer4100

Mar 4, 2023
Hello, I am trying to create an active exhaust system style system for my own vehicle. I tried with Arduino but the sound quality is pretty bad. My goal is to get a realistic exhaust sound with a potentiometer that I connected to this microcontroller. Is it possible to do this with a raspberry or a different device? Which device can be easier and better quality. I would be glad if you help. Thanks.

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
You won't get there with Arduino, at least for anything decent.
As a run-on from your previous attempts/posts, try using one of the mass produced arrangements which operate via bluetooth.
They have been around for probably 10-15 years now (could still be available as they were rather popular "trinket").

Simply plugged in to the Acc /cig lighter socket, monitored the charging voltage as the engine revs increased/decreased and gave a bluetooth signal to your FM radio.
At the time i think they were around $40 mark and one would be pressed to even buy the bits at that price.
Apparently now there are even apps that will do the job.
Just be aware that simply touching your phone for whatever reason in some countries carries hefty fines.
In Aus for example $600 on the spot.