Maker Pro
Maker Pro

What microcontroller is used in the car key? Why is the power consumption so low?

reejoee

May 9, 2024
hello,out car key has been used for 8 years and it still works. Why is the standby power consumption so low? Generally speaking, if the standby current is 1 or 2uA, it can be used for 2 or 3 years. What kind of MCU is used in the car key to achieve such a low sleep current? ? Don't you use mcu? Or press the switch to turn on the power? I just want to make a wireless remote control that is similar to a car key. Can anyone recommend what chip to use?

Delta Prime

Jul 29, 2020
Microcontrollers have the ability to run in a power-down state to use the CPU resources efficiently.Imbedded systems still must have the ability to respond to unexpected events & wake up from hibernation.

I just want to make a wireless remote control that is similar to a car key. Can anyone recommend what chip to use?
That's really up to you what would you like to control?
A homemade Car key FOB?
I hope this helps.

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
I just want to make a wireless remote control that is similar to a car key.
Buy one for a couple of dollars........... remote switch.....can be up to several relay channels if needed.
Besides, not enough to know what kind of micro might be involved as you would need to write and upload the required program among other things.
If you have to ask as above, I'm guessing you have zero experience with either.