Maker Pro
Maker Pro

5Volts Signal to 60V

aymensmurf

Mar 14, 2016
Do you have any specs? Rise-Time and Fall-Time as well as current are very important... or you will have to do trial and error to see what works, and you can expect a couple parts to pop if they are chosen incorrectly.

So far, I'm just doing the PC-simulation-thing part.

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
So you did not want a 60V signal (meaning low current) out, you want to switch the 60V supply to the motor, right? If so, this is a different problem.

Bob

aymensmurf

Mar 14, 2016
So you did not want a 60V signal (meaning low current) out, you want to switch the 60V supply to the motor, right? If so, this is a different problem.

Bob
well, i have a 5v signal, i have 60v supply and i need the signal to be 60v instead of 5v

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
well, i have a 5v signal, i have 60v supply and i need the signal to be 60v instead of 5v
Here is where we are struggling...
You do not know the 'current' you require.
You state this is for controlling a motor.
So... is this simply a 'signal' that is going to a controller, or is this 60V going directly to a motor?

aymensmurf

Mar 14, 2016
So... is this simply a 'signal' that is going to a controller, or is this 60V going directly to a motor?

the 60v 4-signals gonna go directly to a chopper to command 4 thyristors to command the speed of a motor

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
the 60v 4-signals gonna go directly to a chopper to command 4 thyristors to command the speed of a motor
Do you have a circuit diagram for how the 'chopper' is constructed? Specifically the 4 thyristors. (And their model #s)

aymensmurf

Mar 14, 2016
Do you have a circuit diagram for how the 'chopper' is constructed? Specifically the 4 thyristors. (And their model #s)
this is how 3 thyristors are (the 4th is a little complicated)

Attachments

• thyristors.jpg
    thyristors.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 67

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
this is how 3 thyristors are (the 4th is a little complicated)

we have good techs here
PLEASE give FULL cct and ALL relevant info
your activities so far are just wasting the time of the people trying to help you

aymensmurf

Mar 14, 2016
we have good techs here
PLEASE give FULL cct and ALL relevant info
your activities so far are just wasting the time of the people trying to help you

if I gave you all the circuit diagram, you want ever bother to help me, and actually you gonna ask me more, so I just gave you a question and i got the response.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
if I gave you all the circuit diagram, you

it doesn't show all the connections, it is all severely lacking in detail no voltage rails no component values, nothing

it doesn't show the 4th thyristor,
Through 2 pages, all you have done is lead everyone on a "tail chase" around the tree

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
if I gave you all the circuit diagram, you want ever bother to help me, and actually you gonna ask me more, so I just gave you a question and i got the response.
Well. We don't know the specs of the thyristors, so the best we can do is guess and provide you with examples... much like the transistor example mentioned above, but we found that was not suitable for the circuit after you shared more details.
This cycle of 'provide a solution' then find solution won't work due to new info discourages people from helping.
At this point in time, I would suggest a more capable transistor, SSR, or perhaps an isolator... hard to tell...
I'll pop in every now and then, but I can't provide a solution, only ideas based on what I've been told so far.

aymensmurf

Mar 14, 2016
it doesn't show the 4th thyristor,
what a 4th thyristor gonna change, it s just 4 signals going to 4 thyristor, almost the same signal with the same
characteristics. the important thing is a 5 volts signal (I think it really dont matter how it looks like).
And i just want that 5V signal/pulse to be 60V using a 60V external supply.
I believe it's a simple question. isn' it?
"I really appreciate all the reply, and your help"

aymensmurf

Mar 14, 2016
the solution you gave worked so fine with the simulator i have.
(I m a student, and every time the teacher asks me to add smth to the Project)
so far, i didnt add any thyristor, and he didnt asks me to.
just the thing that i told you before

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
what a 4th thyristor gonna change, it s just 4 signals going to 4 thyristor, almost the same signal with the same
characteristics. the important thing is a 5 volts signal (I think it really dont matter how it looks like).
And i just want that 5V signal/pulse to be 60V using a 60V external supply.
I believe it's a simple question. isn' it?
"I really appreciate all the reply, and your help"
5V compared to 60V if you are only holding 1 of the wires makes no difference in the world!
You need a 'reference'... So a 60V signal when referenced to the micro-controller could be anything when referenced to the circuit the thyristors are a part of...
We didn't see a power source, a ground, or any other 'common'.
While you think you question is simple, you are missing a major component here. Electricity has more than one property! Voltage, and Current . So we satisfy the 60V part of the question, but we can't make sure it will actually work without knowing the rest of the requirements.

the solution you gave worked so fine with the simulator i have.
(I m a student, and every time the teacher asks me to add smth to the Project)
so far, i didnt add any thyristor, and he didnt asks me to.
just the thing that i told you before
I'm glad the simulator worked, if you are a student, and asking for help then perhaps this kind of topic can go into 'Homework Help' instead of 'General Electronics Chat' .
I personally offer my time to help people learn and complete 'projects'. I found your lack of understanding that we *need* ALL of the requirements to be frustrating, but you are a student... so, when you learn a little more or try to build this circuit in real-life and find out it does not work, then you will understand why we needed the details we had asked for.

Another way to look at this, is if it sounds really simple to you, but you have 3 people asking for more detail, then perhaps you are missing something vital... either missing sharing something, or missing the understanding of your own project. Overlooking these kind of things is not trivial, and when working with higher voltages and currents can cause damage to the project, property and people.

I wish you the best of luck in your academic adventures.

aymensmurf

Mar 14, 2016
We didn't see a power source, a ground, or any other 'common'.
This is all the diagram (and really i can't tell you everything, coz its in French and i cant translate it all to English)
try to build this circuit in real-life
at some point I'll build all the circuit,(it's part of my project)

Attachments

• Metro.jpg
    Metro.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 72

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
This is all the diagram (and really i can't tell you everything, coz its in French and i cant translate it all to English)

at some point I'll build all the circuit,(it's part of my project)
That picture is related? If you shared something similar earlier that showed the whole thing you would have gotten more info.
I think we should request this topic gets moved into homework help though.

Don't be afraid to post tons of info... we don't get confused easily, and many of us often deal with much more complicated devices and diagrams.

aymensmurf

Mar 14, 2016
Don't be afraid to post tons of info... we don't get confused easily, and many of us often deal with much more complicated devices and diagrams.

I just didnt want to make it complicated for you. so i went with "the-thing-I-want" instead of "the-whole-project-thing"

I think we should request this topic gets moved into homework help though.
I didn't post the topic at homework help,coz it was related to electronics