Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Battery charging requirements

user789

Aug 8, 2023
Hi,

I am interested to buy soundbar from Amazon. The product link is something like

https://www.amazon.in/boAt-Aavante-...=soundbar,aps,188&sr=8-3&th=1#customerReviews

Very little info is available on manufacturer (boAt) website. Amazon listing also does not specify a lot of details. By looking at product photos it appears like it must be using USB C cable for charging the built-in battery.

Some users are saying that fast chargers will damage the battery. I am trying to understand if this is really correct.

I suppose fast charging may increase the voltage beyond 5V and may push current to say 3A? But I suppose the charging circuit will take in whatever it is designed for? My main concern is with voltage. Does fast chargers have voltage > 5V? How does it all work?
I may keep the charger on for a long time as I do not plan to use it as a portable speaker. It will remain connected always.

Thanks.

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
Look in batteryuniversity website for details and reasons for certain charge/discharge on Lipo or Lion batteries.
I doubt the voltage would be increased.
There should be some form of internal regulator to stop you from "fast charging" anyhow as no apparent dedicated charger is used apart from a usb connection, which, in itself, would require a limit.
Says it runs for 7 hours max on a full charge so where is your problem with normal charging?

Delta Prime

Jul 29, 2020
Look in batteryuniversity website for details and reasons for certain charge/discharge on Lipo or Lion batteries
He is absolutely right! snippet from battery University...
We must keep in mind that a battery is sluggish in nature. Like an aging man, its physical condition becomes less ideal with use and age. So is the ability to...
You should also remember don't use the output of a battery pack
as a charging port.

Last edited: