Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Can someone make one of these

Adrian_london

Mar 31, 2020
I don't have an electrical bone in my body. I'd love to know if someone can make a device like the one in the Youtube clip (The smaller version).

Any idea how much it would cost to make?

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
You would need a lot more information than what's on that video.

Nanren888

Nov 8, 2015
Google the product?
I couldn't find it.
Price? More than you expect. :)
Technology-wise, would seem that similar would be relatively straight forward, but would need a bit of experimentation to get things right. That means developer time and cost. The mechanics seem simple, but it'd be a bit of work to get the things together, not to mention the metal cylinders, likely insulated from each other.
If version one had to be calibrated, that probably means that the original developers had to invest a while into getting that step to be automatic.
There are sites that people post projects to get tenders to do/make. Freelancer.com? The original may have IP protection. If you just want one or a few, buying them is probably the easy option.

Last edited:

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
I'd love to know if someone can make a device like the one in the Youtube clip
Someone can. Actually, someone did for the video.

Looks rather simple:
A metallic tube separated by an isolating ring.
A sensor that detects when the mouse has contact to the tube parts on both sides of the isolator or dimply to the part on the end of the tube ("touch sensor")
A motor that spins the tube if contact is made as indicated by the sensor signal.
Probably a timer to let the motor run for a few turns of the tubeto ensure the mouse has fallen off the tube.