Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Daisy Chain 3AAA LED Candles Help Please? !

AlwaysLearning74

Nov 9, 2015
Hello I saw a post about daisy chaining led candles that ran on 3 AAA and wondered what the final result was ( https://www.electronicspoint.com/threads/convert-from-aaa-to-wall-plug-in.272855/ )? I have 24 candles and want to daisy chain them... all run on the same configuration as your candles.... I need to do this as batteries are way too expensive. Wondering if you could in layman's terms explain (pics would be so greatly appreciated!) how I would link them all to a power ac/dc source for plug into a wall. What type of wire... connectors... fuse and what tpe and how to connect to line... adaptor minimal or max voltage or current. I am extremely capable of soldering (worked in telecom maufacturing production line doing repairs) but just not confident in linking all these lights up And what wires to solder where (which contact points in battery compartment with which wires do I solder)? I hope that you respond or I will spend countless hours trying to figure this out at great cost (single dad and not even close to rich hence diy). I am doing this for my parents as I bought them these candles for their home as an 50th yr anniversary gift but they definitely can't afford the batteries nor can I. Thanks

KJ6EAD

Aug 13, 2011
You want to supply 4.5V to each in parallel, not "daisy chain" them which is a series configuration. You may be able to run all of them from a 5V 1A supply such as a "dumb" USB charger block. Since you've not supplied any current draw or voltage tolerance information, which I'm sure you don't have, it's impossible to be sure.