Maker Pro
Maker Pro

DC 12 V to AC 220 V

mjuric03

Jun 19, 2023
Hi, I really need some help with this. So, my paper presents the principle of the 12V DC voltage to 220V AC voltage converter, based on RL-astable. A mains transformer is used in the opposite connection of the primary and secondary, where the coils of the secondary form the reactive components of the astable. I need to do analysis of the operation of circuit and simulation of the circuit.

First step is to determine theoretical frequency of oscillation of this circuit. I couldn't find anywhere this equation, so if someone knows, please can you share it with me.

I attached below my "final circuit" (this is just principle I need to explain, but in simulation I will need some new parameters like diodes, resistors etc. and of course consumer - picture 1). Also, I will need some simulation of the output voltage (I attached below the circuit from which I need to do simulation - picture 2).

Thank you for help in advance :)

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-06-19 at 13.48.22.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-06-19 at 13.48.22.jpeg
    114.1 KB · Views: 8

danadak

Feb 19, 2021
1687215559935.png

You will have to perform a non linear analysis. IEEE has a book and a number of papers
in this area.

Regards, Dana.

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
I'm afraid I don't see how this oscillator should oscillate at all.
I labeled the transistors:
1687242222156.png
Assuming Q1 is on, the the collector of Q1 is at ~ 0.1 V (VCEsat to be precise).
This in turn means that the base of Q2 is also at 0.1 V via R1. Therefore Q2 is off.
The collector of Q2 is then at Vcc via L2 and subsequently the base of Q1 is at ~0.7 V (VBE) via R2.
This keeps Q1 on and Q2 off. Permanently.

Only by coupling L1 and L2 am I able to create an oscillation via the feedback that results from the coupled inductors.

The "classic" astable multivibrator uses capacitors and resistors, no inductors, and is comparatively easy to calculate. You'll find heaps of information on that type of astable multivibrator on the internet.

Alec_t

Jul 7, 2015
Only by coupling L1 and L2 am I able to create an oscillation
Harald, L1 and L2 would be coupled, since they are the original secondaries on a re-purposed back-to-front mains transformer.

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
A, I see. An oversight on my part, I beg to excuse.

mjuric03

Jun 19, 2023
I'm afraid I don't see how this oscillator should oscillate at all.
I labeled the transistors:
View attachment 59562
Assuming Q1 is on, the the collector of Q1 is at ~ 0.1 V (VCEsat to be precise).
This in turn means that the base of Q2 is also at 0.1 V via R1. Therefore Q2 is off.
The collector of Q2 is then at Vcc via L2 and subsequently the base of Q1 is at ~0.7 V (VBE) via R2.
This keeps Q1 on and Q2 off. Permanently.

Only by coupling L1 and L2 am I able to create an oscillation via the feedback that results from the coupled inductors.

The "classic" astable multivibrator uses capacitors and resistors, no inductors, and is comparatively easy to calculate. You'll find heaps of information on that type of astable multivibrator on the internet.
Yes, I know about RC astable multivibrator, but I need to analyize this particular RL astable and I am not able to find any information about this circuit. My final circuit will probably look something like this (picture attached). But first I need to determine somehow frequency of oscillation and to simulate the circuit shown on picture 2 above. I did some simulation based on that but I don't know if it is correct because I am not aware what to expect on output..

Attachments

• Izrezak6.JPG
    Izrezak6.JPG
    31 KB · Views: 3
  • current.JPG
    current.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 3
  • circuit_picture2.JPG
    circuit_picture2.JPG
    24.5 KB · Views: 3

mjuric03

Jun 19, 2023
View attachment 59559

You will have to perform a non linear analysis. IEEE has a book and a number of papers
in this area.

Regards, Dana.
Thank you Dana :) But first I need to determine somehow frequency of oscillation and to simulate the circuit shown on picture 2 above. I did some simulation based on that but I don't know if it is correct because I am not aware what to expect on output..

Attachments

• circuit_picture2.JPG
    circuit_picture2.JPG
    24.5 KB · Views: 2
  • current.JPG
    current.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 2

Alec_t

Jul 7, 2015
I am not able to find any information about this circuit.
The circuit is a classic "Royer oscillator". Since its operation is very dependent on the saturation characteristics of the transformer core, I'd be surprised if you could find a simple equation for calculating oscillation frequency.

bertus

Nov 8, 2019
Hello,

Have a look at the attached PDF.

Bertus

Attachments

• Solid state vibrator.pdf
    10 KB · Views: 2

ramussons

Jun 10, 2014
Hi, I really need some help with this. So, my paper presents the principle of the 12V DC voltage to 220V AC voltage converter, based on RL-astable. A mains transformer is used in the opposite connection of the primary and secondary, where the coils of the secondary form the reactive components of the astable. I need to do analysis of the operation of circuit and simulation of the circuit.

First step is to determine theoretical frequency of oscillation of this circuit. I couldn't find anywhere this equation, so if someone knows, please can you share it with me.

I attached below my "final circuit" (this is just principle I need to explain, but in simulation I will need some new parameters like diodes, resistors etc. and of course consumer - picture 1). Also, I will need some simulation of the output voltage (I attached below the circuit from which I need to do simulation - picture 2).

Thank you for help in advance :)
The frequency will change depending on the load. The Inductance of the coils will change depending on the load currents.