Maker Pro
Maker Pro

DOORBELL circuit / project

Alichino

Feb 25, 2012
I am currently making a circuit which, hopefully, will play a series a sounds from a 8ohm speaker after pressing a switch - a doorbell, essentially.
Does anyone know what the relation between the frequency of the emitted sound and the RC in the circuit is?
Also, the 8ohm speaker, while loud and everything, produces really unpleasant sounds, like a wailing siren with flu. Uhh. Are there any better sounding speakers out there?

jackorocko

Apr 4, 2010
Also, the 8ohm speaker, while loud and everything, produces really unpleasant sounds, like a wailing siren with flu. Uhh. Are there any better sounding speakers out there?

You probably have a lot of noise on the output or you are over driving the speaker.

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
I doubt if it is the speaker. What circuit are you using to drive it?

twister

Feb 12, 2012
I am currently making a circuit which, hopefully, will play a series a sounds from a 8ohm speaker after pressing a switch - a doorbell, essentially.
Does anyone know what the relation between the frequency of the emitted sound and the RC in the circuit is?

What circuit are you using?
This is the formula, Resistance times capacitance equals time in seconds, one divided by seconds equals frequency.
1/RC=frequency
Example 10k ohms times .1 microfareds= .001 second. 1 divided by x or .001= 1000 Hz.
A sine wave generator might give a more pleasant sound than a square wave.