Maker Pro
Maker Pro

doubt microsd slot

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamer87

Mar 11, 2017
electronic devices that have a microSD card reader slot, usually this reader has a kind of lock that to release the card you need to press a little inwards if you store a tvbox device with the microsd inserted in that slot for a long time with time the pressure becomes does it loosen and drop the card?

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
It would depend on the locking mechanism.
But it’s ALWAYS better to remove ALL accessories including batteries when storing items.

gamer87

Mar 11, 2017
I have a TVbox stored inside the box and I thought about leaving the microSD card inserted in the slot and this slot has a lock and I thought that over the years the slot with the microSD inserted would present pressure failures on the slot lock

Delta Prime

Jul 29, 2020
Mechanical "Wear and tear" describes the gradual deterioration or normal use inserting and ejecting the SD card or damage that occurs physically
over time. Mechanical wear naturally occurs in individual machine parts of the locking mechanism for a number of reasons, like the environment the SD card is stored in, temperature, expansion and contraction at different rates over time because of different compositions of alloys.
If left alone perpendicular with respect to your dresser table the locking mechanism would survive for years and the SD card would become obsolete!
If you don't use it .You're going to lose it.
-DP :cool:

gamer87

Mar 11, 2017
Mechanical "Wear and tear" describes the gradual deterioration or normal use inserting and ejecting the SD card or damage that occurs physically
over time. Mechanical wear naturally occurs in individual machine parts of the locking mechanism for a number of reasons, like the environment the SD card is stored in, temperature, expansion and contraction at different rates over time because of different compositions of alloys.
If left alone perpendicular with respect to your dresser table the locking mechanism would survive for years and the SD card would become obsolete!
If you don't use it .You're going to lose it.
-DP :cool:
My question is not about the number of insertions, I will only do this a few times. The question is about keeping the microSD card inserted for a long time in the slot that has a physical spring or metal lock

Delta Prime

Jul 29, 2020
My question is not about the number of insertions, I will only do this a few times. The question is about keeping the microSD card inserted for a long time in the slot that has a physical spring or metal lock
I have addressed that issue. Where will you be keeping it? A rotating squirrel cage? Incidentally locking mechanisms for SD cards can be made out of composite materials (no metal) and no metal springs.
I was trying to be nice.
:) you've just been DP'd.

Delta Prime

Jul 29, 2020
The question is about keeping the microSD card inserted for a long time in the slot that has a physical spring or metal lock
My grandpa has an operational 5.25 in floppy disk which is intact and working it goes into a slot that has a physical spring and or metal lock,it has been a "long time" he kept it stored it still works just like your SD card will work and just like your SD card it can stay stored as it becomes obsolete!
1694380796731.png

Status
Not open for further replies.