Maker Pro
Maker Pro

electric pulse counter

Boris

May 29, 2014
I have a rotating axle with a cam that triggers off a small voltage (1.5v, 3v?) from a on/off lever switch. I want a cheapo counter to count number of pulses while doing a certain task & then being able to be zeroed to be repeated etc. The old brain just not working. Old age? Ta Boris

KrisBlueNZ

Sadly passed away in 2015
Nov 28, 2011
How many digits do you need?
What power source do you have?
Have you tried Googling electronic counter? I did and I got lots of hits.
Have you searched on eBay?

Boris

May 29, 2014
thanks for reply. I just can't find exactly what I want, & what I am doing is counting the number of times an axle/wheel performs a full revolution. There will be a cam on the axle which will operate an on/off switch with a lever going to the cam to perform the on/off. The wheel on the axle is exactly 36" diam which will give me a yardage. I want only up to 999, I can fit a separate battery building a battery pack from 1.5v up to 12v. A 24v supply is also available. Yes you've guessed, it is for a golf buggy. I have googled & ebayed but just cannot spot what I want & I am trying to pick other brains. Any suggestions will be of great help. I am being really thick about this. Thanks Chris

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
I had a look on ebay for 'electronic counter' and found some very cheap counters intended to be mounted on a wrist. These need a button to be pressed so you would need to open one up and connect a pair of wires to your switch. I presume the counter runs on an internal battery.

Another phrase you could try is 'tally counter'.

It may be more reliable and easier to fit to use a magnet and reed switch to count the rotations.