Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Hello I'm clove333

clove333

May 21, 2012
What a joy to find this site.
I'm from the bay area with a long time interest in electronics and high quality audio.
I subscribed to Audio Amateur magazine since the early 70s as it performed a function
a little like I've found here. Speaker Builder was another, though not as well grounded in
science fact, many contributions following the 'wishful wizard' school of design. 'Nuff said.
The joy is/was in sharing and recognition.

It looks like there is a fine blend of engineer level and curious beginner here. Myself is
self taught with the resources of the SF area to plunder for knowledge and inspiration.
Who remembers Mike Quinn Electronics near the Oakland airport?
Rock and roll is what drove me and I learned to repair tube and transistor amps and
recone all kinds of speakers. When the Apple II+ came it was off to the races for me.

I've always been a big fan of the saying: Loud is good, if it's clean. I hope to be able to
bounce some of my projects off the folks here, as I'd hope to be able to give back some
of what I've picked up over the years
Chris

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Welcome Clove333.

The Bay area is one of my favourite places in the US.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
hey Chris
welcome to Electronics Point forums :)

I have been to the Bay area a few times, quite nice, but I far prefer the Pacific NW
nthrn CA, Oregon and Washington states

It more reminds me of my home country with the snow capped mountains, volcanoes and huge regions of forests :)

Dave

Ian

Administrator
Aug 23, 2006
Howdy Clove333 and welcome aboard :D