Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Help to build a device to revolutionise an industry

wozaa3

Oct 13, 2013
hi looking for help and advise maybe even a partner to build a device to revolutionise an industry nothing like it anywhere

the device

must monitor four lots of parameters on three types of measurement

switch four power outputs on/off according to parameters

parameters must be set via usb

any help appreciated but would like 50/50 partner in th UK who can build it i will cover cost

the industry is my area of know how dont have a clue about electronics

looking forward to see what you have to say

thanks
warren

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
if this is another of those "top secret, can only tell you all the details after signing a non disclosure statement" things
I doubt that you will find anyone interested.
Chances are that there is already something on the market that will do what you seem to think is "revolutionary" specially since your already confessed total lack of electronics knowledge

cheers
Dave

KrisBlueNZ

Sadly passed away in 2015
Nov 28, 2011
Sounds like you want a programmable logic controller (PLC) with analogue inputs. Google it.

medictrode

Feb 21, 2013
Another tip: If you want to revolutionize anything you have to learn proper grammar and spelling. Many will not take you seriously when presenting ideas. Good luck however with your endeavors.. :)

wozaa3

Oct 13, 2013
no not top secret I dont need anyone to sign a discloser agreement but i dont want to tell possible 1000s of people who have the knowledge to go off and build it on there own cutting me out. No there nothing like it being used in this industry I know device and what I want it components I dont know.

Yes a bit like a logic controller (PLC) but not as advance and only little amp's.

As for spelling and grammar one one s instead of a c if there any others it because its written in queens english not american english. and who cares it just a forum not a business proposal.

Im already in a position to start selling and marketing this product and 50+ orders if I can complete it.

KrisBlueNZ

Nov 28, 2011
You could use PLCs for prototyping until you get it working properly; you would then have working prototypes to present to a company or person to get a custom solution manufactured. This would put the onus on you, as it should be, to demonstrate that your idea is workable; doubt about this is probably a big reason why people are not jumping at the chance to get in on your action.

KMoffett

Jan 21, 2009
Are you trying to undercut the price or size of a PLC?....because PLCs will do exactly what you want. Otherwise, you are looking at programming a microcontroller with input and output buffering, powering, and packaging.

Ken

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
As for spelling and grammar one one s instead of a c if there any others it because its written in queens english not american english. and who cares it just a forum not a business proposal.

Well, I care.

I have a book at home entitled "I judge you when you use poor grammar", and whilst I don't actually judge you, it can't help but leave an impression. To me, the lack of capital letters and punctuation gives the impression of a person who possibly lacks a little precision or maybe pride in their work. That may be totally wrong and totally unfair.

These days, when what you write is available to potential future employers, I think it bodes well to practice a more polished approach to writing.

Apart from that, some of us are just old and grumpy.

KrisBlueNZ

Nov 28, 2011
I've found that an inability to express oneself clearly and accurately is often, but not always, a sign of an inability (or sometimes a disinclination) to think clearly and accurately.

Conversely, clear writing explicitly demonstrates this ability and inclination.

An inability to think clearly will affect every aspect of a person's life and I do judge people by how they write, especially if their writing is so confused that I have to read it over several times, or if I really can't tell what they're trying to say.