Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Help with a wiring circuit

Porkncheese

Nov 14, 2015
Hi guys. I have a seadoo jetski and the VTS (variable trim system) doesn't work.
The part I need is the VTS module. A magical little black box that seadoo want $250 for.
I think I know how to wire this up but being a novice with electrics I would like to get confirmation and the opinion of people who know.

Here are the components of my system.

Switch.jpg
The switch with a button for up and another for down. 3 wires go to this.

motor.jpg
The motor has 2 wires to it. It remains stationary unless one of the buttons is pressed. Up will turn it one way and down will turn it the other.

nozzle.jpg
The motor pushes or pulls a rod which is is fixed to the nozzle of the jet pump. It directs the thrust up or down which changes the ride of the craft.

2x dpdt relays.jpg
2x relays. 12V DPDT 10A 8 pin

This is what me and a friend came up with.
circuit.jpg
Neither of us work in the industry so i think we may have it wrong.
Or maybe there is a far simpler way.
Any words of wisdom would be kindly appreciated.

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
Hello,
Sorry, that diagram is confusing..
The up and down buttons are only for motor direction.
Two simple circuits using relays for the motor, one relay connects the motor wires for "forward" and the other relay with reversed wire connections to "reverse" the motor using the two switches by the hand grip.
You can confirm this by connecting the motor to a battery. The motor will turn in one direction. Then reverse the connections on the battery and the motor will turn the other direction.
All you need to do is see what direction the motor turns in order to push / pull the rod correctly.
Then you know to use the up button or down button for correct direction.
Look for the pinout or datasheet for your relays. It should even have a wiring diagram too.

Martin

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
Diagram makes sense to me.......(I think you did quite well considering)
one button operates one relay which supplies "forward" direction...
the second button operates the second relay which gives "reverse " connection to the motor.
Only problem I can see is there are no limits and no fuses.

These guys seem to have a fix but you will have to join their forum to see the pics and the pdf files....(I wasn't prepared to but you might)........ http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=295371

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
Something like this should work. Just omit the limit switches if you don't need them.

index.php

CDRIVE

Hauling 10' pipe on a Trek Shift3
May 8, 2012
Diagram makes sense to me......
It's moments like this that scares the hell out of me because I don't know what I'm looking at in that pseudo schematic. What ever you're drinking or smoking, I want some! :D

Chris

CDRIVE

Hauling 10' pipe on a Trek Shift3
May 8, 2012
Hey, if it can transform that into a schematic for me I'm game! :)
On the other hand I've never been a big fan of ASCII schematics either! :confused: Maybe that stuff can fix that too? :cool:

Chris

Porkncheese

Nov 14, 2015
Thanks guys. Our designed worked perfectly.
Im not running limiters. The fuse i just didnt draw it