Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Kindle Page Turner Extension

thegreatheisenberg

Apr 8, 2024
Hello,
I frequently use my kindle paperwhite (7th Gen). I came across this page turner that I found pretty interesting. It works flawlessly on my kindle without a case. It requires that arm of the clipper - which is equipped with two metal dots and a thick rubber square glued on top of it - to be in contact with the kindle screen.

However, with my thick case on, it’s super hard to establish that contact. Thus, I am finding ways to make this contact possible. One option I tried was to stick a conductive copper tape on a side of the screen in order to “extend” my screen beyond its bezel, onto my case. This worked for my finger - I.e. now I kind of created a “physical button” using this copper tape which upon touching/light pressing , I could change page. But when I tried to clip the page turner on to it, it didn’t work.

Any idea how this page turner works? How can “extend” the “range” of kindle’s touchscreen?

Delta Prime

Jul 29, 2020
I.e. now I kind of created a “physical button” using this copper tape which upon touching/light pressing , I could change page. But when I tried to clip the page turner on to it, it didn’t work
The Great Heisenberg's uncertainty principle.... is playing out before my eyes. By the way
The equation is in my crystal ball I hold in my hands' avatar.
You're killing me buddy... :)Kindle 7th generation white papers use capacitive touch screen sensors.Capacitive touch screens rely on changes in capacitance to detect touch inputs. Placing conductive copper tape onto and capacitive touch screen creates
(EMI) Electromagnetic interference. You are disrupting or interfering with the electric field that the capacitive touchscreen sensors Rely on to detect the capacity of charge on your finger or a capacitive stylus used by page turners.
The generation 7 white papers are entry models even the 8th generation model is less than $100
The only difference is that it is waterproof the generation 7 is not waterproof.
I would look into high tear ebook readers which will provide you options as to adjust the capacitive touch sensitivity of your reader, laptop, notebook.