Maker Pro
Maker Pro

My subwoofer is making a thundering noise, can anyone help?

sergeantsam

Sep 17, 2023
Separate them. Insulate them individually. The fact that they are shorted is causing the 'wooping' issue.
But an insttuctional video said that those wired are the effective "switch" of the power supply and for me to get power from it they need to be connected.

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
But an insttuctional video said that those wired are the effective "switch" of the power supply and for me to get power from it they need to be connected.
Have you tried to use it with them disconnected? Show us a link to this 'instructional video'.

sergeantsam

Sep 17, 2023
y
Have you tried to use it with them disconnected? Show us a link to this 'instructional video'.
yeah the power supply doesn't turn on until they are connected but i have now wired it up so that all the yellow wires are in the +12v slot.
1695240347787.gif

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
That's not correct. Short the blue wire to the black wire(s) to enable the 12V output. Leave the red wire disconnected (and insulated).

Make sure you have a short wire loop connected from the +12V of the amplifier to the REM terminal too or the amp won't switch on.

sergeantsam

Sep 17, 2023
That's not correct. Short the blue wire to the black wire(s) to enable the 12V output. Leave the red wire disconnected (and insulated).

Make sure you have a short wire loop connected from the +12V of the amplifier to the REM terminal too or the amp won't switch on.
i have now connected the +12v to the REM , but when i connect the blue wire to the black wires it does not turn on the amp and leaves the power supply in standby.

Attachments

• 20230921_101213.jpg
    20230921_101213.jpg
    338.9 KB · Views: 3

TCSC47

Mar 7, 2016
I've come to this late, so have people either given up or has the problem been solved? I have had a quick look at the answers so far and I might have missed somebody giving the most obvious answer. The subwoofer is designed to work from a 12V car battery so the first thing to do to problem solve is to power it up with a 12V car battery.
If an amp takes more current than the psu can supply, then the voltage output of the psu will fall. The smaller supply volage results in a smaller current and the psu voltage rises. But this means that the current taken by the amp rises and causes the psu voltage to fall again. The system goes into oscillation. Car batteries can supply very large currents indeed and so are not likely to suffer from the problem as I have described it.

sergeantsam

Sep 17, 2023
I've come to this late, so have people either given up or has the problem been solved? I have had a quick look at the answers so far and I might have missed somebody giving the most obvious answer. The subwoofer is designed to work from a 12V car battery so the first thing to do to problem solve is to power it up with a 12V car battery.
If an amp takes more current than the psu can supply, then the voltage output of the psu will fall. The smaller supply volage results in a smaller current and the psu voltage rises. But this means that the current taken by the amp rises and causes the psu voltage to fall again. The system goes into oscillation. Car batteries can supply very large currents indeed and so are not likely to suffer from the problem as I have described.
yeah im still having problems but i slightly put the project to one side because of schoolwork, i cant really power it with a car battery because im going to have it in my room, but if a lack of current is causing the oscillations could this be solved with some sort of transformer (somehow also not limiting the voltage)?