Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Problems with LTSpice simulation of TI's TPS54383

hrishib

Aug 30, 2013
Hi, I'm trying to simulate a TI switching converter TPS54383. I found the PSpice models from TI's website and I included them for simulation in LTSpice. However, I get a "Too few nodes:" error. The error message box also displays some of the starting characters found in the component's .lib file (please see the attachment). Can someone please help me and let me know what is going wrong here. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

• TPS54383.zip
    17.1 KB · Views: 106

eem2am

Aug 3, 2009
i'm pretty sure you cant simulate ti.com pwm ic's in ltspice....i'm not sure if thier yahoo groups forum has gone now?.....you used to be able to ask Helmut sennewald and co about such problems, but that forum is strange now.

hrishib

Aug 30, 2013
I found out that the spice models are encrypted. However if you have TINA-TI (which is another simulator similar to LTSpiceIV) installed you can open these encrypted models and then copy the text from the models into a new file as plain text. You can then include those models in LTSpice. However, this sometimes works and sometimes it doesnt...

eem2am

Aug 3, 2009
Thanks, you say tina-ti is like LTspice......I only wish you were right.....it'd be great to have something like LTspice for the ti.com ic's.
Sadly I find tina-ti is seriously lacking.
I only wish all the semico's would do a simulator like ltspice for their components and ic's.
LTspice is king..the only king

dong chen

May 1, 2014
i have try to add the pspice mode of TPS61040 ,i try to add that in the way below ,but the ltspice told me “unknown subcircuit call in ”,please told me why?
sincerely...