Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Radio button lights up a bulb in another room

deltatango

Feb 5, 2013
Hello. This is my first post. I am looking to create a hopefully very simple pair of devices and I am just wondering if anyone can provide some guidance as to how simple/complicated this would be. The whole reason for doing it this way is I cannot run wires for this project as I do not own the building where it will be used.

In short, I am trying to create 2 devices. One of them is a push button. The other is a light with a button. Both would plug into the wall or use batteries if feasible.

The idea is that when the button is pushed in one room, it sends a radio signal out which the light receives in the other room and causes it to shine (turn on) and stay on in the other room until someone pushes the light's button to turn it off.

It is a notification system - when a document is ready, the button in Room A is pushed and then the light in Room B turns on and stays on until pushed. The person then goes to room A to get the document.

The reason for this is that the person in room A doesn't want people entering to the office unless needed.

{and in case you are wondering why not just use a phone or intercomm -- the reason is that person in room A cannot be disturbed and b) there are no phones!!!}.

Is this a simple project? Would the circuitry be overly complex?

Thanks for you feedback!

Deltatango

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
My thought would be to use a wireless doorbell with a latch circuit (relay) attached.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
That could be something to modify.

I'd probably look for a cheap wireless doorbell and connect it to some sort of latching relay

*SNAP*

Last edited: