Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Sta-2100D

tomcat65

Jun 23, 2018
Sta-2100D vintage receiver. right channel good, tests great. Left channel has problem. On this receiver, you can unplug each individual output board. When I unplug the left channel I’ll put board receiver clicks On And the receiver plays fine. When I connect up the left channel Output, receiver switches from red to green but no output from either channel and then receiver will go into red protect mode. Unhook that left channel again and receiver relays on and is fine. I rebuild both output boards, Can’t seem to track down where the problem might be

[mod note: some reformatting done for an easier read]

Last edited by a moderator:

tomcat65

Jun 23, 2018
Sta-2100D receiver.powers on.Hear 2 clicks(good!)Little power button goes from red to green(great!)Right channel output,perfect.Left channel output,nothing!Any ideas anyone?Thanks for any information.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Welcome to EP :)

Sta-2100D receiver.powers on.Hear 2 clicks(good!)Little power button goes from red to green(great!)Right channel output,perfect.Left channel output,nothing!Any ideas anyone?Thanks for any information.

you were asked for pix and schematic, not a repeat of the problem
you can help us to help you by supplying info asked for :)

ohhh and it appears that the spacebar on your keyboard seems to have intermittent failure
it makes your text hard to read when sentences etc all run together ;)

FuZZ1L0G1C

Mar 25, 2014
@tomcat65 Re spacebar problem.
Suggest a new keyboard (quite cheap things).
Then wash the old one, strip down and allow to dry completely.
My spacebarwasdoingthesame until I replaced keyboard. :D