Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Tibhar robo pro master PCB problem

William Brightling

Apr 5, 2017
Hi All,

New to these forums, so firstly thank you for taking time to read this message and any advise would be gratefully received.

I have just purchased a second hand Table Tennis robot, which was listed as not working due to 2 of the motors were dead. I thought I would be fine replacing the motors (Nema 23 - 2.5A 57BYGH6013-01A) but on stripping the robot apart, I was wondering, why would both motors go at the same time? So I opened up the electrical panel and started to go over the PCB.

Multimeter was showing a good 5v at the plug end of the PSU, But when I removed the plug from the board, the 5v pin was brown (Shorted?) Excellent, just re solder that pin!!?? No, that didn't work. And that is the extent of my knowledge on electronics, which is why I am here now.

I have attached 2 pictures trying to show whats happening, if they are no good to anyone please let me know, and I will take better pictures. The faulty pin is circled, and the the 2 smaller circles show where the 5v should be coming out to the stepper motors, so does the 5v run through a bank of all those "Things"?? Im stumped at the mo.

Again, thank you for reading about this problem, much appreciated.

Best

WilliamPCB 1.jpg PCB 2.jpg

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
That's an indication it got pretty warm.

Perhaps it's due to the fault, perhaps it's just that someone was being a little optimistic about the current carrying capability of the connector.

Resoldering the pin would have been my first move too.

Does anything else get hot? Does the 5V rail measure 5V?

William Brightling

Apr 5, 2017
Nothing else seems to get hot, The rail measures a good 5v. Trying to trace where the current goes on the board, but its tricky. Could the short be due to a broken capacitor? I have no idea what the banks of black components are, could they be the problem!? Cheers