Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Would like to know which wire to snip.... if I can even do that

riffwraith

Dec 10, 2022
Hi all :)

I bought a juicer, and it has a light that stays on 24/7. Ridiculous if you ask me, but...

Yes, I can get an Extension Cord with an Inline On/Off Switch, but to install that where the juicer is located on my countertop would be challenging to say the least.

Is there a way to determine which wire to snip without actually snipping it? I can always reconnect with some solder and elec. tape, but would rather not start making a mess. If you guys tell me this is a silly Q, I will buy that, but figured it couldn't hurt to ask.
j1.jpgj2.jpg
Thanks in advance.

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Unless you are familiar with electrics and the risks involved (potentially fatal to you and/or others if you get it wrong - and 'wrong' means using tape to secure a joint) then purchase a lead with an inline switch.

We can't sanction modifications by 'unskilled' persons as your post seems to indicate that you are. Nothing wrong with being 'unskilled' but you need to appreciate our responsibilities.

PS - ignore the post by 'dragon' - he's talking through his hat.

crutschow

May 7, 2021
Do you just not like the light or are you concerned about the power it consumes?
If it's the power than the circuit inside providing the power to the light may use as much power as the light (typically a low-power LED), So if your reason to disconnect the light is to save power, you are likely better off just to use a switch to turn off the juicer.

The do have plug-in switches that may work for you (below):

1670656834681.png

riffwraith

Dec 10, 2022
Thanks.

That switch might do the trick.

and 'wrong' means using tape to secure a joint)

I know - I know. Should be this:

I was just being lazy by typing 'elec tape'. :/

Unless you are familiar with electrics and the risks involved (potentially fatal to you and/or others if you get it wrong

Eh, I modded a couple of tube amplifiers, and it wasn't fatal because I drained the caps first. Does that count? :)

Keonte45

Aug 29, 2022