Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Any difference in out come? Bridge-Rectifiers

Maglatron

Jul 12, 2023
I will take measurments of all the separate coils in the raw ac form and then show you the rectified voltage and then the rectified voltage with the smoothing cap and then the current and I will show the voltage of the battery before plugging it in then I will show the current from the battery what I'm saying is that there is 53.28 watts in (from the current of the battery at 4.8amp draw and the voltage 11.1v) and on the output there is 1.1amps at 65volts (71.5watts) just throwing it out there...

Maglatron

Jul 12, 2023
Just went on the machine to fix the lcd screen that displays the RPM (loose wire) and due to under lubrication the plastic fused on one part and bits went flying everywhere, it's repairable but might not have it going again tomorrow, I hope the axle isn't bent, I have a spare but just adds loads of work I will get you guys the digits at some point though might not be this side of christmas so... and in the mean time I will make the separate diode bridges and get on with my dance to music LED display!!

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
I'm sorry @davenn , but I have to disagree. This is not going to happen due to the backwards facing diodes in the rectifiers going to these lower voltage sources.

yup fair comment
What I get for answering too early in the morning before coffee haha

Maglatron

Jul 12, 2023
How is that possible? When a magnet induces voltage in a coil the voltage is definitely varying over time. Typically a sinusoidal signal.
Otherwise there is no need for rectifiers.
View attachment 62230
the more coils I add the more voltage I get. If it were true that only the stongest coil makes a contribution then why would that happen?!?

Maglatron

Jul 12, 2023
So I want to re-word the question, I've made a machine and some of the numbers are not adding up I will take photos soon (after christmas now) and would like some help in figuring out what is going on with it and see if you guys could help perhaps?

roughshawd

Jul 13, 2020
Want an idea? Or ideal as it would be? Redraw the circuit so your numbers reflect all the conditions, where the coils are fully saturated, and the voltages where the diodes are stable. Then you will understand why you use different schema like axial vs radial and differential vs single ended.. heh heh!!!

Maglatron

Jul 12, 2023
Want an idea? Or ideal as it would be? Redraw the circuit so your numbers reflect all the conditions, where the coils are fully saturated, and the voltages where the diodes are stable. Then you will understand why you use different schema like axial vs radial and differential vs single ended.. heh heh!!!
I don't get what you mean.