Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Help Identifying a transistor

victorz

Apr 4, 2010
Hi,
Ive been trying to identify a transistor on a iMac G5 logic board, it has burnt out but there seems to be an identical one right above it It doesnt seem to follow any of the standard naming schemes, Jedec, Jis, and Pro electron dont match the naming scheme. Im almost 100 % sure it has something to do with the lcd display as I had plugged in the power without having the lcd plugged into the inverter board and the tmds cable either, the tmds port is right near by. I dont know if this would help but the manufacturer of the LCD is Phillips.

Ive tried searching google nothing shows up

If someone could help me out I would appreciate the advice.

Thanks Victor
transisitor.jpg

p4020847.jpg

Last edited:

Resqueline

Jul 31, 2009
The circuit seems to be a totem-pole switching voltage regulator, where one of the transistors would act as a synchronous rectifier. The output is in the lower left corner.
After some image enhancement it looks like one is designated P544H and the other PS44H. Is that so? Anyway, they're SO-8 cases & made by IR (International Rectifier).
Their smd MosFet's usually starts with IRF and then 3, 5 or 7 (+ 3 numbers). Their logic-level MosFet's starts with IRL. I found two named IRLZ44ZPBF & IRLIZ44NPBF (f.x.).
Try to look at smd code pages that includes SO8 transistors and see if you can find some more info about this numbering scheme.

Attachments

• Px44H.jpg
    Px44H.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 1,236
  • PS44H.jpg
    PS44H.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 270
  • P544H.jpg
    P544H.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 241

victorz

Apr 4, 2010