Maker Pro
Maker Pro

old century battery charger transformer leads came off

63split

May 31, 2024
I HAVE A CENTURY BATTERY CHARGER THAT IS THE BEST CHARGER I HAVE EVER HAD IT IS NUMBER E143111 MODEL 141-272-000 IT HAS A DATE CODE 022894 THE LEADS CAME UNDONE AFTER I THE TRANSFORMER MOUNTING BLOTS CAME UNDONE I CALL CENTURY AND THEY DON'T HAVE A SCHEMATIC FOR THIS MODEL AND HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED

Attachments

• IMG_1780.JPG
    IMG_1780.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1781.JPG
    IMG_1781.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 6

Delta Prime

Jul 29, 2020
photo_1718062533654.png

You are going to have to speak up I can't hear you.
You going to have to give me a second I got this ringing in my ear see if I can't find a schematic for you... Or did you want a sandwich?

Last edited:

63split

May 31, 2024
thank you for the reply but my problem is the terminals on my transformer run parallel to the mount not from the center out if there was a way to ohm test each terminal to know what lead goes on that would help

Attachments

• IMG_1782.JPG
    IMG_1782.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 4

Delta Prime

Jul 29, 2020
Call century again obviously they lied if that information is on the internet readily available speak to someone who knows what the hell they're talking about.
Work your way backwards from the schematic obviously the terminal block is not there in this schematic I gave you the website so you can meander around. I just punched in 141-272. Show some initiative like punching the date code and their other number starting with "E". Does the insulation on the conductors the color in the schematic match those coming out of your transformer? If so work your way back from there.... Look at what is connected to that terminal block you can do that as well Mark it down. it is the process of elimination.. If you're in Southern California I'd do it for you.you says the best charger you ever had .Now its your turn to show it some love. You didn't maintain it that's why stuff falls off. That's all I got and unfortunately I don't think it's good enough. Sorry about that... By the way you got any garlic bread to go with all that spaghetti!

Last edited:

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
Looking at the supplied circuit diagram, it's quite a complex arrangement.
Normally one would expect to see differing outputs dependant on the secondary taps however this "appears" to have some primary input control.
Clearly the four wires in photo 1780 would go to 4 of the 5 terminals on the transformer but which and in which order?
One could possibly identify which 4 terminals were used to begin with as one would be a lot dirtier than the other 4 and possibly one could verify the four used by the marks left by the spade terminals.
Then I see one of the white conductors apparently disconnected as well but assume that one to have been disconnected from the switch.
Lay of the wiring in it's "normal" state usually tells a lot.

Order of the connections is important and without a "full" circuit diagram, i.e. that of the transformer windings, one could not be certain.
Perhaps knowing the switching sequence might be of assistance but then again still no transformer diagram.

Maybe show a photo of the charger and display on facebook or similar with an appeal for an "internal workings shot" might help.

63split

May 31, 2024
Call century again obviously they lied if that information is on the internet readily available speak to someone who knows what the hell they're talking about.
Work your way backwards from the schematic obviously the terminal block is not there in this schematic I gave you the website so you can meander around. I just punched in 141-272. Show some initiative like punching the date code and their other number starting with "E". Does the insulation on the conductors the color in the schematic match those coming out of your transformer? If so work your way back from there.... Look at what is connected to that terminal block you can do that as well Mark it down. it is the process of elimination.. If you're in Southern California I'd do it for you.you says the best charger you ever had .Now its your turn to show it some love. You didn't maintain it that's why stuff falls off. That's all I got and unfortunately I don't think it's good enough. Sorry about that... By the way you got any garlic bread to go with all that spaghetti!
well i did call a few times to century the first person said they never put that transformer in their chargers I love when someone tells you that and you have one right in front of you the second time I called he sent me the schematic that didn't match at all today I that actually told me what terminal the neutral went on and from there it was easy to figure the rest out with my volt /ohm meter and its ALIVE thank you for all your help with this

63split

May 31, 2024
Looking at the supplied circuit diagram, it's quite a complex arrangement.
Normally one would expect to see differing outputs dependant on the secondary taps however this "appears" to have some primary input control.
Clearly the four wires in photo 1780 would go to 4 of the 5 terminals on the transformer but which and in which order?
One could possibly identify which 4 terminals were used to begin with as one would be a lot dirtier than the other 4 and possibly one could verify the four used by the marks left by the spade terminals.
Then I see one of the white conductors apparently disconnected as well but assume that one to have been disconnected from the switch.
Lay of the wiring in it's "normal" state usually tells a lot.

Order of the connections is important and without a "full" circuit diagram, i.e. that of the transformer windings, one could not be certain.
Perhaps knowing the switching sequence might be of assistance but then again still no transformer diagram.

Maybe show a photo of the charger and display on facebook or similar with an appeal for an "internal workings shot" might help.
thank you for the input I got it working today

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
the second time I called he sent me the schematic that didn't match at all today I that actually told me what terminal the neutral went on and from there it was easy to figure the rest out with my volt /ohm meter and its ALIVE thank you for all your help with this
Would be good manners to include it here for the sake of others who may come along with same/similar........

63split

May 31, 2024
the wiring on my century battery charger transformer that works for my battery charger not sure it would work for others because it doesn't match the schematic century has

Attachments

• IMG_1786.JPG
    IMG_1786.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 4

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
Thanks....I was also referring to the schematic which century sent you............