Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Parts for projects

colum

Jul 25, 2013
I'm getting back into circuit building
But the new ICs do not readily fit the ic socket they are either too loose or too tight. I will not name the supplier
but I may go back to wire wrap sockets as they were always better and then again it might be a IC problem.
Question
What small order companies are available
Thanks, Jeff

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Where are you located? Can't advise on suppliers without knowing your country but the likes of Farnell, RS Components, Mouser etc all have outlets worldwide.

I've never had issues with IC sockets obtained from anywhere - even the 'cheap Chinese' stuff. They tend to 'feel' tight if you don't pre-align the IC pins since, when supplied (the IC's that is) their legs are splayed and need to be compressed together to align them with the sockets.

Keonte45

Aug 29, 2022
There are many small companies that specialize in supplying electronic components, including integrated circuits (ICs) and sockets. Here are a few options to consider:
  1. Digi-Key: This is a large online distributor that carries a wide range of electronic components from various manufacturers. They offer a wide range of ICs and sockets, including wire-wrap sockets.

2. Mouser Electronics: This is another large online distributor with a wide selection of electronic components, including ICs and sockets. They also offer wire-wrap sockets.

3. Jameco Electronics: This is a smaller, independently-owned distributor that has been in business for over 40 years. They offer a wide range of electronic components, including ICs and sockets.

4. Newark: This is a global distributor of electronic components, including ICs and sockets. They have a large selection of products and offer wire-wrap sockets.
When choosing a supplier, it's a good idea to read reviews and compare prices to find the best option for your needs. You may also want to consider the shipping and return policies of the company, as well as any warranties or guarantees they offer.