Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Radio

Martin mildon

Jan 30, 2017
Hi my name is Martin. I have a little portable busy radio Im Tring to find the mute wire or pin can anyone help me please thanks ps I'll post a picture also when ready thanks

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Hi my name is Martin. I have a little portable busy radio Im Tring to find the mute wire or pin can anyone help me please thanks ps I'll post a picture also when ready thanks

OK
when you post more info .... people may be able to help you out
till then we will await your posting

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Sir Martin mildon . . . . .

I have not yet been told of the need of muting the units speaker ?, but if that is the case / need
plugging in the headphones should accomplish the muting of the units speaker.
If no headphones, an 1/8 inch by 1 inch long round wooden dowel rod should also accomplish
the headphone jacks muting switch action.

HOWEVER . . . . .should this mute action be related to between station audio RUSH, I am afraid that you might just have a tiger by the tail there . . . .accomplishment wise.

Otherwise unshown . . . . . HEADPHONE JACK:

MFXIDjy.jpg

( http://i.imgur.com/MFXIDjy.jpg )

73s de Edd

Last edited by a moderator:

Martin mildon

Jan 30, 2017
Thanks for you reply. What I am hoping to achieve is a continuous search creating constant white noise. I am told that if I disable the mute wire/pin, I could achieve this? If not this radio, do you know any that may be "hackable"?

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Thanks for you reply. What I am hoping to achieve is a continuous search creating constant white noise. I am told that if I disable the mute wire/pin, I could achieve this?

because you didn't clearly tell us earlier what you were trying to do, you haven't got a good answer

I could achieve this? If not this radio, do you know any that may be "hackable"?

without knowing the fine tech details of the radio, that would be difficult to determine.

have you tried getting a schematic for the radio ?

can you please list ALL the IC types in the radio

Last edited:

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Sir Martin mildon . . . . .

I have not yet been told of the need of muting the units speaker ?, but if that is the case / need
plugging in the headphones should accomplish the muting of the units speaker.
If no headphones, an 1/8 inch by 1 inch long round wooden dowel rod should also accomplish
the headphone jacks muting switch action.

HOWEVER . . . . .should this mute action be related to between station audio RUSH, I am afraid that you might just have a tiger by the tail there . . . .accomplishment wise.

Otherwise unshown . . . . . HEADPHONE JACK:

no, that isn't what he is trying to achieve .... see the last 2 posts

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Sir Martin Mildon . . . . .

Looks like the guess on the mute is correct . . . . just that you wanted to disable the mute.
The accompanying mark up is identifying the relevant circuit functions.
THE . . . one of interest, will be the GREEN STAR referenced one.
Its usually just a one connection action in deactivating the between station, muting.
However the real search / trick will be for deactivating the auto search feature on the FM
tuning, so that the unt will just step up or down to an inactive frequency, so that white
noise can be present.
Soooooooo the total identification numbering from that GREEN starred IC is needed.

Also, fill us in on the returning post, as to the nature of this white noise application.
Like . . . . . earphone level or is the full speaker level needed or even more than that ?

Since . . . . . there is a less involved manner in acquiring white / pink noise also.
The use of a critical level of biasing to a zener diode will create shot noise and then
taking off that created noise via an isolative coupling capacitor and audio amplifying
it, will avoid all of the complexity of a FM receiver sourcing it.

Relevant Component Markups

PR50 Radio Data.jpg

73s de Edd

Martin mildon

Jan 30, 2017
Hi thanks for your help and sorry for the late reply.. I think the ic number is bk1088e6056c I'll put a picture on so you can check it too.. I would like the radio to sweep and be able to use both loud speaker and headphones,if this is not possible then just headphones would be fine thanks

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Sir Martin mildon . . . . . . . . . . . .

Nope . . . looks like that units u/p interfacing complexity would be modifying a continually refreshing digital stream from the u/p into the AM-FM radio block, with particular emphasis on the 15th data bit.

I then thought of the FM units that I got at the Dollar store, a decade in the past, but looks like they have almost dried up.

In looking up their potentiallly simpler chips being utilized, I accidentally found this gem, aside, which is a GOOD read anyhow.
Its very last 6 readers feed back comments revealed one extra thought.

Now, since you were commenting on disabling the muting to get white noise bursts between scanned stations, and it seem that you were suggesting CONTINIOUS scanning between stations.
Whereas, I was thinking of stopping on an unused frequency to get a continuous white noise output.

Now is there any chance that this units ACTUAL end use, is related to being a snake oil smathered " Franks box " as was stated by SHAWNA.

READING REFERENCE:

( https://frrl.wordpress.com/2009/02/28/a-fm-radio-for-one-dollar-how-is-this-possible/ )

If so , no need for my submission of a zener diode generated , CONTINUOUS white noise source circuit.

73s de Edd

Martin mildon

Jan 30, 2017

Sir Martin mildon . . . . . . . . . . . .

Nope . . . looks like that units u/p interfacing complexity would be modifying a continually refreshing digital stream from the u/p into the AM-FM radio block, with particular emphasis on the 15th data bit.

I then thought of the FM units that I got at the Dollar store, a decade in the past, but looks like they have almost dried up.

In looking up their potentiallly simpler chips being utilized, I accidentally found this gem, aside, which is a GOOD read anyhow.
Its very last 6 readers feed back comments revealed one extra thought.

Now, since you were commenting on disabling the muting to get white noise bursts between scanned stations, and it seem that you were suggesting CONTINIOUS scanning between stations.
Whereas, I was thinking of stopping on an unused frequency to get a continuous white noise output.

Now is there any chance that this units ACTUAL end use, is related to being a snake oil smathered " Franks box " as was stated by SHAWNA.

READING REFERENCE:

( https://frrl.wordpress.com/2009/02/28/a-fm-radio-for-one-dollar-how-is-this-possible/ )

If so , no need for my submission of a zener diode generated , CONTINUOUS white noise source circuit.

73s de Edd

Yea that's it.. I'm trying make a spirit box but can't find any radios in the UK that I can hack but found loads in the US, not sure what type of radio to buy which easy to hack.ill take alook at this radio now.. thanks

Martin mildon

Jan 30, 2017
dollar_logo1.jpg $_3.JPG the blue one is one I found on eBay very similar to the one show about.. What do you think will it be hacked easy enough? Thanks again