Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Transistor I.D. help

GT390

Dec 11, 2010
I am trying to I.D. a transistor from a 1980's cnc machine tool board.

numbers on it are SM8422 and U37027

I would really appreciate any help with the spec, or how to find a suitable replacement,

Best regards

Rob

alfa88

Dec 1, 2010
If your transistor isn't totally toasted and you're able to determine if it's a bipolar NPN or PNP you could probably get away with using either a TIP3055 for NPN or TIP2955 for PNP. I'm assuming it's a TO220 package.

GT390

Dec 11, 2010
Thanks for the reply, I remembered that I had another board the same as this one, in another "sister" machine, when I took a look at it, the transistor on the other board had already been replaced at some time, with a IRF640R mosfet, I was able to get a couple from farnell, hopefully that will get me up and running, I am waiting on them arriving.

Thanks again for the help,

P.S. Greg at (url removed)
returned this email to me, as I had originally ordered some from him.

Take a look at the crazy terms !

Products
------------------------------------------------------
2 x U37027 (U37027) = $50.00
------------------------------------------------------
Sub-Total: $50.00
Flat Rate (Flat Rate): $6.00
Total: $56.00

TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR NON US CUSTOMERS

We have a $100 minimum order with customers that require shipping outside of the United States and a $35 wire transfer fee. We accept wire transfers only. We do not take overseas credit cards. Also, you must have a FED EX, UPS, or DHL account number we can ship on. If you do not, we charge a $30 service fee to ship with the US postal service plus any shipping fees.

WE CAN PROVIDE PICTURES BEFORE SHIPMENT - WE MUST HAVE AN ORDER BEFORE WE TAKE PICTURES.

THANK YOU,

GREG
(identifying stuff removed)

Order Number: **
Date Ordered: Sunday 12 December, 2010

Last edited by a moderator: